We're 10 days into the new year now and the cloud of the holidays is starting to lift (finally) and my intentions for January are becoming much clearer than they were on the first. What I'm feeling more than anything right now is that I left a lot of unfinished business in 2017 and that it's time to tie up all of my loose ends before committing to new goals for 2018. While I know that I'll never cross everything off of my master to-do list, I have a lot of things that have been on the backburner for a long time that I just need to power through so I can make space and move on.
It's time to clean house.
January is all about taking care of business and creating a clean (or at least, clean-ish) slate to work with for the rest of the year.
Here's my January to-do list (yes, I'm a listaholic):
- Check off the last few goals from 2017 that I was so close to finishing, but that carried over.
- Get my website updated and refreshed with new content (including a logo for The DzenLife).
- Go through my closet (I did at least get the contents of my sock drawer off the bedroom floor 😉) and finally bring all the donation boxes I have in the basement over to Kiwanis.
- Respond to the emails that have been sitting in my inbox forever. Sort through what remains and archive the rest.
- Clean off my desk and get my home office (I prefer to call it "The Dzen Den") organized.
- Get the finances and the filing cabinet in order. Figure out all that "married stuff" that I've been ignoring since March.
- Make the doctor appointments that didn't get made last year (1 down, 2 to go).
- Finish the Anatomy and Yoga Therapy e-course that I started last fall.
- Read the last few chapters of the 5 books I started last year and never finished (what the hell) so I won't feel bad about picking up new ones.
- Plan my travel for 2018 (fun!). So far I have a trip to Portland, OR booked this month to see my brother and an anniversary trip with Dan in March to Utah to do some National-Parking. Time to map it all out and start booking.
Once these are taken care of I think I'll be ready to introduce some new goals, intentions, and to-dos. Until then, this month is all about catching up and making space for REST. January is my favorite month to lay low and chill out and I've given myself a permission slip for as much R&R as I need. ✌️