For the past 3 years, the first weekend of December has been known as GWWE: Girl's Weekend Winter Edition (oh yes, there's a summer edition too). I get as many of my girlfriends together as possible (this year was a record, there were 6 of us!), send Dan to his parent's house for a few nights, and then always, without fail, have the best weekend ever. Girl's Weekend is pure magic.
The itinerary alters a little bit from year to year, but here's a recap of this year's festivities:
- First stop: Glitter manicures (glitter is the official color of GWWE).
- Brunch at Detroit Institute of Bagels.
- Hit up the Detroit Urban Craft Fair at the Masonic Temple, which is basically hipster Etsy shopping heaven. We all went wild and bought everything in sight and ravaged the Goldeluxe table, per usual.
- Stopped by the new winter holiday markets in downtown Detroit.
- Got aura photos taken by AURA AURA. SO COOL. I've been dying to do this for years and it did not disappoint.
- Dinner & drinks at Gather, my new favorite restaurant.
- Christmas Tree Party: One of my favorite holiday traditions, we all go over to my friend Chelse's parent's property, fill our cups with champagne, and head out into the field to find the perfect tree to take home (I'm a real tree girl all the way).
- Post-tree hunting, we make Christmas wreaths, and a new addition this year, holiday flower crowns—which I'm pretty sure will be added to the official GWWE activities list from now on.
- Back at Dan Ranch (aka, my house), it's cheese-platter-making, appetizer-eating, wine-drinking, and just general noshing and lounging all afternoon while listening to the Hanson Christmas album (don't knock it 'til you try it).
- Then it's evening tree-decorating by the fire and a few rounds of Heads Up, which is always a hilarious, right?
Sound like a lot? It is, but in the best way possible. If you can't tell from the photos, everything was perfect, like, the "How is this even happening?" kind of perfect—especially the weather, which is a stark contrast to the endless snow and below freezing temperatures that we've been getting pummeled with for the past week.
So, another Girl's Weekend in the books. Let the countdown to GWSE (Girl's Weekend Summer Edition) commence! 👯❄️🛍️🎄🥂